The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students
to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or designee
may enroll in approved courses.
The approved course list and the Petition for Enrollment form are available at the
bottom of this page.
College Now! Requirements:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or
- Have a minimum 2.5 high school unweighted grade point average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts
from high school are required when submitting the Petition for Enrollment form.
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to
continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements,
and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee
- Provide their unofficial high school transcript verifying a 2.5 unweighted GPA to
the testing center on the day of their test.
- Students must also show the signed College Now! Petition Enrollment form to the testing staff before they will be seated for testing.
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts prior to enrollment
to the AHC Admissions & Records office or at the Solvang, VAFB, or Lompoc Valley Center
College Now! students may submit their completed College Now! petition for enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts beginning:
November 2, 2015 for Spring 2016
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa
Maria campus only), Student Representation and Parking fees. Total fees will be approximately
$20 to $46.50 per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident
Tuition (if applicable), apply. Effective fall 2015, College Now! students will not be required to pay nonresident fees.
Registration dates for College Now! students:
November 30, 2015 - January 24, 2016
College Now! Course Listing PDF
College Now! Petition for Enrollment PDF
Privacy Information for Parents PDF
College Now! Appeal Form PDF
College Now! PE and PEIA Disclaimer PDF
Top of Page
"Being a Santa Maria Beauty College student at Allan Hancock College has been some of the most fun days of my life. The staff are friendly, and I'm always excited to see classmates who share the same dreams as I do and are always helpful."
Submit a Testimonial »