Financial Aid - You Can Afford College!
Think college is out of reach?
The truth is, just about everyone who wants to go to college can afford it. Nationwide,
seven out of ten full-time college students receive financial aid. In fact, last year, more than $4 million in grants, scholarships, and loans was awarded to Allan Hancock College students.
College is possible!
Applying for financial aid is free! Simply complete the form online. For maximum financial award, apply by March 2.
Need help? We're here for you!
Call us at 805-922-6966 x3200 or email us.
Calculate Your College Costs
Check Your Financial Aid Status
Financial Awareness Counseling Tool
Some Things You Should Know
- Do not assume you don’t qualify for financial aid. In fact, one out of two applicants
receives financial assistance.
- Applying for financial aid is free! Simply complete the form online at www.fafsa.gov.
- For maximum financial award, apply by March 2. You can still apply after that date
and anytime throughout the year.
- If you are receiving any financial aid other than a Board of Governor's fee waiver
(BOG), dropping classes could result in the student repaying federal funds already
received or could reduce future financial aid funding. It is recommended that you
contact the financial aid office before dropping classes.
- All student payments for the summer 2015 semester will be based upon the number of
units the student is enrolled in as of June 28, 2015. The units enrolled in as of
that date will determine the amount of Pell and FSEOG funds a student will receive
for the summer semester. Any increases or decreases made to the student's unit load
after June 28 will not be considered when calculating the payment amount for the summer
semester. However, if a student withdraws from all classes and is no longer enrolled
for the summer semester, the student may owe a repayment of funds received to the
You must enroll in all classes for the summer semester including any 6 week, 8 week
or other short term classes offered during the summer semester by June 28, 2015 to
be paid for those classes. If a student is not enrolled for semester length courses,
but initially enrolls later in the semester in short term courses, then units used
to calculate payment will be based on the Sunday immediately after the student's initial
registration. For more information on disbursements of Title IV when a student withdraws
and overpayments, review our “Treatment of Title IV Policies”.
7 Easy Steps to Financial Aid Success!
- Make the right choice---say yes to college!
- Obtain the financial aid application (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Obtain the California Community College Board of Governor’s fee waiver (BOG) form. The simple application is also available at the AHC financial aid office. Learn more about BOG
- Complete the FAFSA and BOG applications (we will help you!). If you submit the FAFSA online your results will
be provided in about three days; via mail, your results will be provided in about
six weeks. BOG eligibility can usually be determined in minutes right at the AHC financial
- Follow up with the AHC financial aid office staff to complete the financial aid process. This
could involve providing specific paperwork, as needed.
- Check with the AHC financial aid office staff about available scholarships.
- More than $300,000 is available each year from the Allan Hancock College Foundation
for Allan Hancock College students!You are done! Your efforts could pay off with up to $8,000 dollars annually to help with college
Top of Page
Graduating high school with honors and realizing I did not have the monetary means to go off to a university like I had always dreamed about felt like a setback. Being at a community college, for my first semester, felt like a detriment to my education. Despite this I began to reach out to other students and was referred by a student to a program called MESA. MESA has shaped my educational career. MESA has provided me with opportunities I would have otherwise missed on my own, an opportunity to work with other like-minded majors who have since become like family. With this kind of strong foundation I have been able to excel in my science, mathematics, and engineering courses.
Submit a Testimonial »