Mental Health & Wellness Resources
The health center offers a wide range of services for the students, including but not limited to medical services, health counseling, crisis and personal counseling, and provides you with additional community resources if needed.
- Santa Maria location is in Room W-12 ext. 3212
- Lompoc Valley Center is in Room 1-109 ext. 5207
The health center is a great resource for students who are seeking counseling while at school and have a busy schedule. Those who experience stress, anxiety, and depression for two or more weeks and are beginning to have sad, hopeless, anxious, depression, and other disturbing thoughts should consider talking to a counselor for additional help.
While utilizing the counseling services, check out the variety of meditations online accessible to all students and are free to download so you can hear them at your convenience!
For those students who pay the health fee can meet with a counselor up to 10 times per semester. Contact them immediately to get your appointment as soon as possible.
The health center provides a safe and nonjudgmental environment for those who have experienced sexual assault. Click the "Sexual Assault information" for more detailed information and resources on the different help for students of Allan Hancock College. Please know you are not alone, we are here to help and provide you with the proper tools needed.
A few other services provided for the students in the health service are:
- Acupuncture and massage therapy
- Referral to low-cost clinics
- HIV testing by appointment
- Assistance with student accident insurance claims/forms
- TB screening
- Eating disorder information and screening
- Men's health information
- Vision and hearing screening
Detox from Alcohol
- Call the access line for a Medical Detox 1 (888) 868-1649
- Social Model Detox
- Residential program that provides 7-14 day acute detoxification, while attending private counseling sessions
- 24 hour staff supervision and support, through local treatment providers in the community
- 12 step program and aftercare
- "Is dedicated to providing an individual and holistic form of treatment for individuals suffering from substance abuse problems or mental health disorders."
- Utilizes WRAP around services
- Providers: psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, medical doctors, LCSW's, MFT Interns, and AOD Counselors
- "Offers a variety of counseling and drug testing services to adults and adolescents in the Santa Barbara County. Working closely with the courts, probation, and Santa Barbara Alcohol and Drug programs."
Sober Living Homes
- "Program designed for pregnant and parenting women with dual diagnosis issues:
- Assist women and Thier children who have been affected by substance abuse. With also providing them with housing for a limited time if the client needs more then outpatient treatments.