Books for Bulldogs is a free service that allows currently enrolled AHC students to borrow textbooks for an entire semester.
To request a book from the Books for Bulldogs program, follow these steps in the Library Catalog:
- Type in your book title, course or keyword into the search box
- Select Books for Bulldogs from the drop-down list in the box
- Click the magnifying glass to search
- Locate your book in the list of search results and click the title
- Verify this is the correct course and textbook you need
- Click Sign-in in the yellow box to log-in to your library account with your AHC credentials
- Select the book by clicking Request
- Choose your pick-up location and Submit
- You will receive an email with instructions for pickup if your request is accepted
For more information about how to place a book hold request please click our libguide here .
Rules and Guidelines:
- Currently enrolled AHC students are eligible to borrow textbooks.
- Three (3) textbooks limited per student.
- There is no guarantee that requested textbooks will be available, as textbook supply is limited.
- The program does not carry access codes or course packets.
- Book orders are filled in the order requests are received.
- Book requests for the Fall 2021 semester will open August 9 - November 1, 2021.
- Book requests for Winter 2021 will open December 6, 2021 - January 3, 2022.
BOOK pickup INSTRUCTIONS
Requested textbooks for Fall 2021 will be available for pickup at our Santa Maria campus library on August 16 through August 17 from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. Items not picked up after one week on the hold shelf will be placed back into the collection.
For those students wishing to pickup their requested textbooks at our Lompoc Valley Center Campus please contact us at email@example.com. Lompoc book pick up location should also be chosen at the time of placing your request.ext. 5224 or contact Naomi at
BOOK RETURN INSTRUCTIONS