What is Required?
To be eligible for College Achievement Now (CAN) you MUST be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident AND you MUST meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree)
- Financially limited, according to federal criteria
- Student with a documented disability and be part of the Learning Assistance program
We also look at other factors when evaluating your application. Other criteria include: GPA, enrollment status, total units completed, educational goal, and academic need.
If you are accepted to the CAN program, you are required to meet specific program expectations including, but not limited to:
- Attend a one time mandatory acceptance orientation meeting
- Meet with the CAN-TRIO Specialist twice per semester
- Attend a field trip or CAN-TRIO workshop
- Maintain a cumulative 2.50 GPA or higher
- Maintain a current Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Must graduate/transfer from Allan Hancock College within 4 years