- Where and when will the graduation ceremony take place?
- Is a reservation required?
- Can I bring my family?
- Is there a limit on the number of guests I bring?
- Are masks required?
- Can I take pictures?
- Will there be a photographer?
- Is there a way for those who do not attend to watch and/or hear the ceremony?
- What should I wear?
- Will I receive a commencement program with my name in it?
- When will I receive my official diploma and/or certificate?
- What time should I arrive?
- Will there be a rehearsal?
- Do I need to order tickets in order to attend?
- Who do I contact if I have a special request or require an accommodation?
- Is smoking allowed on campus?
- Will food be available on campus during graduation?
- Are alcoholic beverages permitted before, during, or after the graduation ceremony?
- Are animals allowed on campus during commencement activities?
- Are there any video or photography restrictions?
- May I bring confetti and/or balloons?
- If I have any additional questions regarding commencement, who should I contact?
Where and when will the 2023 graduation ceremony take place?
The 2023 graduation ceremony is Friday, May 26, 2023; it will be held at 10:30 a.m. on the football field on Santa Maria campus. See graduation map!
The ceremony will be a traditional, in-person ceremony. Graduates will sit on the field, walk across the stage, receive their diploma, and get their photograph taken. Friends and family can attend. The ceremony will also be live streamed from the Allan Hancock College website.
Is a reservation required?
Yes! Graduates, please submit your reservation to participate in the ceremony by filling out the 2023 Graduation Reservation form.
Is there a limit of the number of guests I bring?
No. There is no limit of the number of family, friends, and guests that may attend to watch the graduation ceremony.
Will there be a photographer?
Yes! Grad Images will take official graduation pictures of each student as they walk on stage. Our Hancock photographer will also be taking candid pictures of the ceremony.
Is there a way for those who do not attend to watch and/or hear the ceremony?
Yes! The ceremony will be Live Streamed beginning at 10:30 a.m. The live stream will allow family and friends to watch from an electronic device.
What should I wear?
All students who walk across the stage must wear official regalia. Regalia can be purchased at the campus bookstore www.hancockcollege.edu/bookstore. See the Cap and Gown Info page for more information on graduation regalia.
For any other questions concerning graduation apparel or purchases please contact the bookstore at 805-922-2391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is highly recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Graduates will walk from Grad Central to the football field and on grass. High heels and stiletto heels are strongly discouraged.
Will I receive a commencement program with my name in it?
Commencement programs will be distributed to students and guests on the day of graduation. The program lists the names of graduates receiving Associate in Arts degrees, Associate in Science degrees, and early candidates for summer 2023 degree conferral.
When will I receive my official diploma and/or certificate?
Admissions & Records - Diploma and Certificates
What time should I arrive?
Grad Central will be open at 8 a.m. where graduates must check-in and receive their name card. Please arrive no later than 9:30 a.m.; line-up begins at 10 a.m.
Will there be a rehearsal?
Yes. An optional, in-person rehearsal will take place on Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 3 p.m. Graduates interested in participating in the the rehearsal shall meet at Grad Central.
Do I need to order tickets in order to attend?
No, tickets are not required for commencement but graduates should submit a reservation form to walk in the ceremony.
Who do I contact if I have a special request or require an accommodation?
Indicate your needs on the reservation form or contact Dr. Stephanie Crosby, Interim Dean, Student Services, at 805-922-6966 ext. 3379 or email email@example.com.
Balloons are allowed, however, they must be left in the car during the ceremony so they don't hinder the view for other guests.
If I have any additional questions regarding commencement, who should I contact?
Please contact Holly Costello, Coordinator, Student Services/Administrative Assistant V, at 805-922-6966 ext. 3650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.