Caps, Gowns, and Tassels
Students are responsible for obtaining their own caps and gowns. Caps and gowns are required for commencement participation. They will be on sale beginning April 12, 2021 up through the day of commencement at the Allan Hancock College Bookstore. Caps, gowns, and tassels are all sold together or individually (price list below).
Gown sizes are based on height and weight and come in regular, X-large and XX-large and they are yours to keep after graduation. Due to COVID-19, graduation regalia will not be returnable.
Students who are transferring can purchase a gold medallion (optional, no proof necessary) or submit the Transfer Recognition Award Form to the University Transfer Center by May 7, 2021.
Borrow a Cap & Gown for Commencement
Unable to buy a cap & gown? Hancock can help!
2021 graduates can borrow graduation regalia free of charge from the AHC Bookstore. To borrow a cap & gown for our May 21 ceremony, visit the AHC Bookstore in the Mechanics Bank Student Center (bldg. G) on our Santa Maria Campus or call 1-805-922-2391.
- Cap and gown with black tassel (all sizes)- $37 plus tax
- Cap and gown with gold tassel (all sizes)-$37 plus tax
- Cap and XL/XXL gown with black tassel- $37 plus tax
- Cap and XL/XXL gown with gold tassel- $37 plus tax
- Regular Gown (all Sizes)- $24.15 plus tax
- Cap- $7 plus tax
- Black Tassel only- $5.85 plus tax
- Gold Tassel only*/**- $5.85 plus tax
- University transfer achievement gold medallion- $8 plus tax
- AHC royal blue diploma cover 5”x7” - $7.85 plus tax
- AHC royal blue and gold graduation sash without year - $30 plus tax
- AHC multicultural stole - $33 plus tax
What is the difference between the black and gold tassels?
The standard tassel is the black tassel. The gold tassels are reserved for students with a 3.5 G.P.A or higher as indicated by the Admissions and Records honor list. Gold tassels will be available to purchase from the bookstore starting May 3, 2021.
How do I care for my gown?
The gowns should not be washed, ironed, or dry-cleaned as they are mainly for one-time use. Upon first removal from wrapping, the gown can be hung up during a shower allowing the steam to lightly remove most wrinkles.
Other Graduation Items Available
Graduation rings are available online at: https://collegerings.herffjones.com/.
Bookstore Location and Hours
Santa MARIA CAMPUS
Student Center, Building G-110
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Lompoc VALLEY CENTER
Monday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Thursday: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.