Hello MESA/STEM Students ~ Spring 2023!
We hope you had a nice winter break and are having a wonderful (and safe) semester. We look forward to seeing you all in our MESA/STEM Academic Success Center in building M500. In order to best serve you, we wanted to remind you of a few important items of business as you journey along your spring 2023 term. If you have not had a chance to utilize the MESA/STEM website regularly, please get in the habit of checking it at least every two weeks for news and important information. Please visit our website at http://www.hancockcollege.edu/mesa/index.php.
- The MESA/STEM Academic Success Center is open Monday through Thursday 9AM – 7PM; and Friday 9AM – 4PM. When arriving in the center, please make sure you sign in on the kiosk to the left as you enter the building.
- We are offering drop-in Tutoring, Review Sessions, and Organized Study Groups to help you succeed and earn higher grades in your STEM courses. The drop-in Tutoring is offered both in-person in Building M-500 as well as remotely over Zoom. The Zoom link and schedule for our tutoring services is available at https://www.hancockcollege.edu/mesa/aew-tutoring-schedules.php.
- If you haven’t met with Christine or Angelica (MESA/STEM Counselors) recently, please make an appointment to do so. It is important that every MESA student meet with one of them sometime between January and April to verify you are on track academically. To schedule an appointment please visit our website.
- The MESA/STEM Workshops & Activities schedule for the current term is posted on our website. It is required that all MESA students attend at least three activities/workshops within the term. All MESA/STEM Workshops will be hosted in person and over Zoom simultaneously, where we will be taking attendance and keeping a digital record of your MESA involvement. If you are experiencing difficulties attending, please notify us and explain your circumstances. I think you will find the workshops to be a valuable use of your time. Please view our 'Calendar of Services and Events' on our website.
- If you are planning to transfer to university fall 2023, please check your email regularly for updates and deadline notifications from the MESA/STEM programs and the universities. Make sure to stay connected to the MESA/STEM program as you prepare to transition to the next level (exciting!). MESA/STEM and the University Transfer Center will be holding a variety of workshops throughout the term regarding transitioning strategies and financial aid/scholarships to help facilitate your transfer.
- We encourage all MESA students to get involved in the Science and Engineering Club and/or the Math Club on campus. Stay tuned on more information to come on this opportunity and how to get connected.
- We have re-launched our E5 program – Enticing, Engaging, and Empowering Emerging Engineers – designed to support women pursuing engineering degrees. If you are interested in joining, please reach out to Angelica in the MESA/STEM Academic Success Center.
We look forward to hearing from all of you wonderful people in MESA/STEM. If there is anything we can do to help you have a great semester, please feel free to let us know. Take Care and Happy Spring 2023!