The Magic of Mozart
The Allan Hancock College Choir will be joined by the SBCC Concert Choir to bring the "Magic of Mozart" alive with a performance of his "Coronation Mass," the "Laudamus Te" from his Mass in C minor, and his motet, "Ave Verum Corpus." Featured soloists will include members of the AHC choir.
Dr. Nichole Dechaine and Prof. Nathan Kreitzer, Conductors
Concert 1 - Santa Barbara
Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 7 p.m.
First Methodist Church
305 E. Anapamu St. Santa Barbara
$15 General, $10 Student/Senior
For tickets for this location call 805-965-5935
Concert 2 - Santa Maria
Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 3 p.m.
St Peter's Episcopal Church
402 S. Lincoln St. Santa Maria
$10 Suggested donation at the door, Students free
AHC Spring Symphonic Band Concert
Monday, May 23, 2022 at 7 p.m.
Allan Hancock College Santa Maria Campus
800 S. College Drive
Santa Maria, CA 93454
The AHC symphonic band will present a concert in the courtyard in front of the Mechanics Bank Student Center on the Santa Maria campus on Monday, May 23. Program highlights include:
- "March Grandioso" (Roland F. Seitz arranged by Andrew Glover)
- "Beguine for Band" (Glenn Osser)
- "Canto" (W. Francis McBeth) Carl Johnson, conductor
- "The Boys of Wexford" (Robert Dwyer Joyce, arranged by Sammy Nestico)
- "Morro Bay Overture" (Lennie Niehaus) Dr. Sean J. Abel, guest conductor
- "Amazing Grace" (Frank Ticheli)
- "Rhythm of the Winds" (Frank Erickson) Charlie Kim, guest conductor
- "Crossgate" (James Barnes) Carl Johnson, conductor
- "The Tahoka Galop" (William Owens) Charlie Kim, guest conductor