Pursue training and education leading to a degree, certificates, employment, and career advancement in a continually evolving and expanding industry.
The Environmental Health and Safety program at Allan Hancock College is designed to meet training and education requirements of oversight agencies inclusive of the following:
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA/CalOSHA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA/CalEPA)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
The field of environment health and safety involves the management, conservation and protection of the natural environment and resources through regulatory compliance while promoting sustainability. Environmental health and safety is a career field applying principles of math, science, technology, engineering, communications, economics, and law to ensure product, environment, and worker health and safety.
Degree and Certificate Information
- Environmental Health & Safety: Hazardous Materials General Site Worker - Certificate of Accomplishment