What is DegreeWorks?
DegreeWorks is a web-based, degree-auditing and tracking tool which enables students and advisors
to evaluate academic progress towards graduation in accordance to university and major
requirements outlined in the General Announcements. This tool will allow students
to quickly and easily identify which requirements have been satisfied, and which requirements
In addition, DegreeWorks can be used to perform a "What If" analysis to determine
how current coursework on a student transcript would be used if a different major
Sign up for a Student Training Workshop, or click on "DegreeWorks Training" in the navigation menu to the left.
Click on DegreeWorks Training Dates Flyer for the most current list of upcoming training dates and locations
How Degree Works Benefits Students
- Supports real time delivery of progress towards degree completion
- Easily determines which courses have been taken or transferred, which count as electives and
requirements, and what's outstanding to complete a degree
- Online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
- Confirms your academic standing
- "What If" feature shows students how progress towards degree completion changes if
they add a minor or change majors
How Degree Works Benefits Advisors
Important Note: DegreeWorks is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended
to replace the valuable one-on-one sessions with academic advisors.
- Supports real time delivery of academic advice through intuitive web interfaces
- Minimizes errors through consistent degree plans
- Reduces paperwork and manual program check sheets
- Allows advisors to search for students by school, degree, and/or major to view degree
Top of Page
"Starting at Allan Hancock College I encountered several obstacles; one of them was the language barrier. My writing skill was terrible; but AHC gave me an opportunity to improve my English skills. My dream from the beginning was to transfer to a university. At AHC, I had a great experience with my instructors and the people I worked with. They were inspirational; they motivated me to never give-up but persevere in my education journey."
Submit a Testimonial »