Skip Main Navigation

Financial Aid
You can afford college!

Financial Aid staff are now available to serve you through various methods. We are able to assist you via in person, telephone, and chat/video-conferencing. We encourage you to find a method that fits your needs.

We are committed to continue to offer excellent services while also protecting the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and community. We thank you and appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we navigate through these challenging times. Please stay healthy!

For scheduled appointments, Financial Aid Staff is available via telephone and/or video-conferencing. 

If you wish to "see" your Financial Aid Representative via video-conferencing, you are able to do so using Cranium Cafe.  At the time of your appointment, you are required to be logged into your myHancock portal and enter Cranium Cafe.  An email with detailed information will be sent to you once an appointment has been scheduled. You will need to have a webcam and internet connection.  Cranium Cafe is only compatible with Chrome.  

Call 805-862-3290 ext. 3200 to schedule your preferred method of appointment. Please have your H# ready. 

Financial Aid staff is available to answer quick questions.  Your question will be answered in the order received. 

To speak to a financial aid representative by telephone, please call 805-862-3290 ext. 3200.  Please have your H# ready.  

To speak to a financial aid representative using online chat, select a financial aid staff member who's light is green and says "Online Now", you can click "Knock on Door" and a financial aid staff member will assist you. 

Online Chat

Email your question to a financial aid representative. We encourage you to use your Hancock email account.  The email must include your H#.  The response time will depend on the volume of emails.  Most questions will be responded to within three business days.  Please email your questions to

At Hancock College, we recognize that circumstances for families can change unexpectedly. If you feel you have special circumstances, please visit the special or unusual circumstances page.

If you feel you need of emergency funds, visit CARES Act and Basic Need Office

Mary Dominguez
Dean Student Services
805-922-6966 ext.  3657
Jaclyn Banaga
Financial Aid Analyst
805-922-6966 ext.  3695
Jose Alvarez
Financial Aid Technician
805-922-6966 ext.  3669
Jeannette Hernandez
Financial Aid Support Technician
805-922-6966 ext.  3692
Karen Parent
Financial Aid Accounting Technician
805-922-6966 ext.  3688
Raul Aldama
Financial Aid Specialist
805-735-3366 ext.  5251
Gregory Deleon
Financial Aid Analyst
805-922-6966 ext.  3604
Paula Reese
Financial Aid Assistant
805-922-6966 ext.  3515
Joan Henretta
Financial Aid Technical Specialist
805-922-6966 ext.  3690
Joyce Dendo
Financial Aid Analyst
805-922-6966 ext.  3689
Sherry Bell
Financial Aid Assistant
805-922-6966 ext.  3691
Lori Doty
Coordinator Financial Aid
805-922-6966 ext.  3686


Santa Maria Campus
Student Services Building A

1-805-922-6966 ext. 3200
1-805-922-3477 (fax) 

Lompoc Valley Center
George Howard Administration Building 1

1-805-736-9368 (fax) 

Normal Business Hours
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Santa Ynez Valley Center
1-805-922-6966 ext. 3355
See SYVC page for hours

Vandenberg AFB Center
805-735-3366 ext. 3250
See VAFB page for hours 


Fall 2020
  Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
August 10-14 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8:00am-1:00pm *Offices Closed for All Staff Day
Week prior to semester 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
August 17-21 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
First week of semester
August 24-Dec 11 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Regular semester
Dec 14-Jan 10 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

The Financial Aid Office will be working remotely and answering your financial aid questions during regular business hours via email. If you have questions regarding your 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 financial aid file, please send an email inquiry from your Hancock email address to

All responses will be sent to your Hancock email address. Please include your AHC H#, your full name, and detail of your inquiry. This will then allow us to verify, research your question(s) and promptly respond to your email.

Financial Aid refunds will continue to be processed and disbursed to students via the method chosen when their BankMobile account was activated.

Service hours: Monday-Thursday 8am-4:30pm; Friday 8am-4pm. Assistance via email at

*For identification purposes email inquiries from students must be sent via your myHancock student email. Please provide your student ID# in all inquiries so we may provide you with accurate information.

*E-mail policy

Email is the standard method of communication used by the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at Allan Hancock College. We will contact you only through your Hancock email address, with only one exception: the first email regarding the results of your FAFSA will be sent to the email address you submitted on the FAFSA.

All FAO communication will be directed to students, not their parents, as it is the student's application for financial aid.  It is your responsibility to check both your email and, even more importantly, your financial aid status on the myHancock portal.  Additional student requirements, resolution of data conflicts, and status of financial aid awards are posted on the myHancock portal on a regular basis.  

Confidentiality of Information

We are aware that some parents assist their sons/daughters to complete forms and navigate the process of applying for financial aid. According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and to ensure your privacy, we will not discuss student accounts with anyone else (this includes custodial parents, guardians or other family members or friends), unless student submit an authorization form allowing us to do so.

Steps to Apply for Financial Aid

Depending on your background and the type of aid you are seeking, there may be additional steps and applications you need to complete. Make sure to contact our office to explore all of your options. For maximum financial award, apply by March 2. You can still apply after that date and anytime throughout the year.



If you are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for free.

A. Apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 

If you are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident, complete the California Dream Act Application (CADAA).

B. Apply for California Dream Act Application (CDAA)

Financial aid applications mentioned above may take 2-4 weeks to be received by AHC Financial Aid Office.

Students who only wish to be considered for an enrollment fee waiver, can apply for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG)

C. California College Promise Grant Application (CCPG)     

NOTE:  Students have a higher chance of qualifying for a fee waiver by filing a FAFSA/CDAA (see A or B above). Please check myHancock to see if you have been awarded the CCPG before you submit a paper or online application.  Do not complete both A or B and C.



Allan Hancock College students are awarded $1,000,000.00 in scholarships every year.  Scholarship deadlines are scheduled throughout the semester so check this webpage frequently.

List of Scholarships



Registration opens May 6, 2020 for summer and fall semesters.  Classes fill quickly so register early!

To ensure your funding for books and supplies is available by the beginning of the semester, please complete your file by May 8, 2020 for summer or June 30, 2020 for fall. You may complete your file at any time throughout the year, but your funding maybe delayed significantly. Follow the steps below as soon as possible so your eligibility can be determined. 

Step A – Go to 

Step B – Log in to your myHancock portal 

Step C – Scroll down to “My Financial Aid” and click “View My Financial Aid” 

Step D – Choose the Award Year: “Summer 2020 to Spring 2021”.  You will see your unsatisfied requirement/documents 

Step E – If you have a Financial Aid Task, you will need to make an account before you can continue 

Step F – Double click at each of the required items and complete each task/requirement listed.   You may need to print, scan and upload and/or email these documents to

If you need assistance in competing your financial aid file, contact us via email at



Step A – Go to

Step B – Log in to your myHancock portal

Step C – Scroll down to “My Financial Aid” and click “View My Financial Aid”

Step D – Choose the Award Year: “Summer 2020 to Spring 2021”. If you have any unsatisfied requirement/documents, you can see them here.

Step E –Click on the “Award Offer”.

Note: There are certain federal eligibility requirements for financial aid and students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.

Some things you should know

IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION: To determine the number of units for which you may be funded, you must enroll in all classes for each semester including any term 1, 2, 3, or 4 or other short term classes offered during the semester by the given dates below. Any increases or decreases made to your unit load after these dates will not be considered when calculating the payment amount for the semester.

Fall Semester: September 7, 2020

Spring Semester: February 7, 2021

If your FAFSA application is received by Allan Hancock College after the listed dates above, the units enrolled in as of the date the application was received will determine the amount of awarded PELL, FSEOG, and Cal Grant funds a student will receive for the semester. If you are not enrolled in semester length courses at the time the FAFSA application is received, but enroll later in the semester into short term courses, then payment will be based on the number of units enrolled in on the Sunday immediately following registration.

If you are receiving any financial aid other than the California College Promise Grant, dropping classes could result in the student repaying federal funds already received or could reduce future financial aid funding. It is recommended that you contact the financial aid office before dropping classes.

If you withdraw from all classes and are no longer enrolled for the semester, you may be required to repay funds to the federal government. You are not eligible to be paid for a class never attended including canceled classes or classes dropped before they began. You will only be paid for completed classes if payment is made after a semester has ended. For more information on disbursements, overpayments and or Return of Title IV, please visit our Financial Aid Announcements page.

We look forward to assisting you in the financial aid process at Allan Hancock College.