Take college classes at your high school
Concurrent Enrollment (CE) refers to college-credit bearing courses taught to high school students by college-approved
high school teachers at the high school campus. Concurrent Enrollment courses are school-specific.
For a full list of classes offered at your school, please contact your high school counselor.
Concurrent Enrollment is different than College Now! (courses which are held at AHC campuses or online after high school hours). If interested in the College Now! courses click on this link College Now!
The Concurrent Enrollment Plan will support the overall Allan Hancock College (AHC) mission of providing quality educational opportunities that enhance student learning and the creative, intellectual, cultural and economic vitality of our diverse community.
Concurrent enrollment is open to high school students in grades 9 through 12 enrolling in a maximum of
6 units each semester.
Please refer to the list of participating local high schools or contact your school.
Concurrent Enrollment students shall:
- Be subject to all of the College Now! eligibility standards, which are stated with the Concurrent Enrollment Petition for Enrollment form.
- Meet any college prerequisites for the college course.
- Maintain an AHC 2.00 grade point average
Steps to Enrollment
- Contact your high school counselor for courses offered at your high school.
- Complete an online AHC Application for Admission
- Request enrollment forms from your high school counselor or teacher:
- Submit forms to your school representative.
- Once the paperwork is completed, submitted to AHC, and verified, students will be registered for classes by AHC Admissions and Records staff.
* A Concurrent Enrollment Appeal Form may be submitted for:
- Students requesting to enroll in more than 6 units (this includes units approved via the College Now! program)
- Continuing Students who have not maintained a 2.00 AHC grade point average
Students will be assessed using the same methods (e.g., papers, portfolios, quizzes, labs, etc.) as students in on-campus section.
The enrollment fee is waived for most high school students taking a concurrent enrollment
Verify expenses with your high school counselor.
805-922-6966 ext 3354
Thomas J. Lamica
Project Director, K-12 Partnerships, CWE,
Career Development, Concurrent Enrollment
Career Job/Placement Center Building A, Room A-207