The Allan Hancock College Library building will be open for scheduled quiet study space appointments this fall (see below for hours). Make sure to request your appointment by calling or emailing the library beforehand. Users can still access the many digital resources of the library 24/7, such as the article databases, e-books, streaming films, and the library catalog. Please visit our COVID-19 Resources page for additional helpful links.
Search the Library
Online Library Orientation
Back at THE LIBRARY: BOOK lending!
Students, faculty and staff looking to borrow circulating library items can now request and pick up books from the AHC Library by placing a hold on materials in the library catalog. All circulating books will be available to check out for three weeks at a time, with the option to renew twice. Once a hold request has been submitted, the student or staff member will be notified when and where the items are available for pick-up.
Looking for access to course textbooks? Check the library catalog to see if you can borrow your book through the Books for Bulldogs collection. If not, see below for information on how to request digital access to textbooks.
The library staff is working hard to find ways for students to access physical and digital materials. Stay tuned for announcements on new services being offered later this fall!
Finding course materials
- Request Research Assistance: Fill out the virtual research consultation form to set up a more in-depth research meeting with a college librarian (over the phone or over video-conference software).
- Laptops/WiFi Hotspots Waitlists: The library has a limited number of laptop computers and WiFi Hotspots available. The waitlist for laptops can be found here. The hotspot waiting list is full at this time, but please check back again for additional information about more hotspots. The request list will be opened again when more hotspots are available. The library will contact those on the list to set up a time for them to pick up their items. The phone extension for the library Circulation Desk is 3683.
- Covid-19 and Fake News: There is an abundance of fake news on the pandemic. Take a look at our Fake News Guide for tips and resources on how to find reliable sources.
- Wi-Fi Access: Wi-Fi is available in every building on the Santa Maria, Lompoc, and Santa Ynez campuses. In addition, we have outdoor Wi-Fi available in a few areas on the Santa Maria campus. You can connect on the patio between the library and the student center, in the parking lot outside of the gym (building N), and in the parking lot near the humanities building (building C). See image below:
STUDY SPACE AT THE LIBRARY
This fall, the Santa Maria library and LVC library lobbies will be open as quiet study spaces. AHC students may schedule up to two hours at a time in the quiet study space and reservations will be required in advance. To request an appointment in the Santa Maria Library study space, email email@example.com or call (805) 922-6966 extension 3683. The hours of the SM library study space will be as follows:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Saturdays-Sundays: Closed
To request an appointment in the LVC Library study space, call (805) 735-3366 extension 5224 or 5322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The hours of the LVC library study space will be as follows:
- Tuesdays: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The Mission of the AHC Library is to support all Allan Hancock College students and staff with both immediate research needs and the development of information literacy skills, to enhance lifeling learning. In addition, the library is the campus "center of learning," with a welcoming atmosphere conducive to studying and learning.