WELCOME TO COUNSELING!
The Counseling Department serves a diverse student population with academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling needs. The counseling faculty and staff are committed to empower and educate students on how to achieve their academic goals by developing a comprehensive student education plan and referrals to campus and community resources.
Monday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Santa Maria Campus
Bldg A, 1st Floor Student Services
805-922-6966 ext. 3293
Lompoc Valley Center
805-735-3366 ext. 5200
APPOINTMENTS/ DROP-INS/ EMAIL
Counselors are able to serve you via telephone, Zoom, and in-person. We encourage you to find a modality that fits your needs.
Reasons to schedule a counseling appointment:
- Develop a Comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP)- New or Update
- Explore majors
- External Transcript Evaluation
- Transfer Planning
- Career Planning
- Apply for a degree and/or certificate using external transcripts
- Apply for a CSU and/or IGETC general education certification using external transcripts
- Apply for an Academic Renewal using external transcripts
- Review University Application
- Review Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Application
- Appeal an Excessive Course Attempt (4th attempt)
You have two ways to schedule a counseling appointment.
- Phone: Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293, or
- Online: Use the Successnet link below to schedule an appointment.
Counselors are available via telephone, Zoom, and in-person. If you need a quiet space to attend your Zoom Appointment we have a room available at both the LVC and SM Campuses. Please let our front desk staff know when you arrive.
We encourage you to find a modality that fits your needs.
Phone Appointment: A counselor will call you the day/time of your appointment. A counselor may call you from an unknown number.
Zoom Appointment: An email with the Zoom link will be sent to your Hancock email. If you don't have a Hancock email, the Zoom link will be sent to your personal email account on file. Be sure to download the Zoom App prior to your scheduled appointment. For other devices (desktop/iPad/lap top), we encourage you to use Chrome or Firefox. If you need a quiet space to attend your Zoom Appointment we have a room available at both the LVC and SM Campuses. Please let our front desk staff know when you arrive.
In-person Appointment: Arrive to the Counseling Department, in Bldg A, 10 minutes before in order to check-in at the front desk.
- Adding/Dropping classes
- Apply for a degree and/or certificate with no external transcripts
- Apply for a CSU and/or IGETC general education certification with no external transcripts
- Academic Standing/Probation Questions
- Apply for an Academic Renewal with no external transcripts
- Apply for a Prerequisite Appeal
- Apply for Reinstatement (Dismissed Students)
- Requesting Excess Units
- Pass/No Pass Questions
- Student Services and Community Referrals
Counseling drop-in hours for 2021-2022:
Mondays 8-6 p.m.
Tuesdays 8-6 p.m.
Wednesdays 8-4:30 p.m.
Thursdays 8-4:30 p.m.
Fridays 10-4 p.m.
You have two ways to speak to a counselor.
- Phone: Call the Counseling Department at 805-922-6966 ext.3293. Please have your H# ready, or
- In-person: Stop by the Counseling Department in Bldg A.
Email your question to a counselor. We encourage you to use your Hancock email account. The email must include your Student ID number, better known as your H#. The response time will depend on the volume of emails. Most questions will be responded to within three business days. Please email your questions to email@example.com.