Skip Main Navigation

Veteran's Education Benefits

New VA Enrollment Verification Requirements for Post-911 GI Bill® Students

The school certifying official is in the Veterans Success Center A 404 located on the upper level of the Student Services Building A-2. Assistance is provided to veterans and eligible dependents seeking to utilize their education benefits.

Students using their benefits for the first time:  Steps for Veterans/Dependent Enrollment at Allan Hancock College

Continuing students utilizing veteran’s/dependent’s education benefits must submit the Request for Certification form each semester after you register. Use your AHC email and password to log into the form. Click the “Next” box at the bottom of each page until you come to the Request for Certification form.

If you have previously submitted your Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 (veteran student only) you do not need to submit these forms again unless the VA has provided you an updated Certificate of Eligibility. The Request for Certification form should be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of a semester/term to avoid a delay in benefits. Once you have submitted the Request for Certification it is your responsibility to notify the Veterans Success Center of any changes in your enrollment (increase/reduction of units) in order to prevent payment issues with the VA.

For questions, or assistance with forms, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

School Certifying Official:

Contact Information:

Veterans Success Center A 404
805-922-6966 ext. 3925


Mondays: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursdays: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.


Requirements for In-State Tuition

Students who have a residency status of “Out of State Resident” are eligible for a California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption if:

  • The student is physically present in California
  • Military member was active duty at least 90 days
  • Spouse/child of eligible member who has transferred benefits

Eligible to use one of the following:

  1. “John David Fry” scholarship
  2. Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty
  3. Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  4. Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)
  5. Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

Student must complete the AB13 VACA Affidavit

Students must submit the Department of Veterans Affairs Certificate of Eligibility, military member’s DD-214 and the VACA Affidavit to the Admissions & Records Office before they register.