The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
The FCC has announced that consumers can begin applying for and enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program on May 12, 2021. The program will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner.
Central Coast Community Energy (3CE)
3CE is excited to share the launch of the 3CE Electric Vehicle Incentive Program for eligible customers to offset costs associated with purchasing or leasing a new or used electric vehicle (EV) in enrolled communities in the counties of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo.
Income-qualified customers are eligible for increased incentives. 3CE believes programs like Electrify Your Ride are an opportunity to make clean vehicles more affordable and accessible to our income-qualified community. See if you qualify below:
- You are currently enrolled in PG&E’s California Alternate Rates for Energy Programs (CARE) or Family Electric Rate Assistance Program (FERA) – OR –
- You are currently enrolled in the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
3CE also supports other rate assistance programs such as Arrearage Management Plan (AMP) — a new payment plan option to help qualifying residential customers reduce unpaid balances on their bills. AMP provides for up to $8,000 total arrearage forgiveness for CARE or FERA customers. Customers must be enrolled in CARE or FERA to be eligible for AMP. Customers must also owe at least $500 in arrearages, or $250 for gas-only customers, with some portion of the arrearage at least 90 days past due. NEM customers are not eligible to participate at this time.