A primary goal of this office is to identify and provide current career information and resources so that you may:
- Identify and assess your interests, skills, and aptitudes/abilities
- Use assessment results to research potential career options
- Use career assessment reports for advising, academic planning and follow-up
- Research scholarship sources, schools and labor market information
The Career Center supports the personal development course offerings as well as other disciplines requiring students to utilize the resources in the lab (i.e., English, Child Development, and Cooperative Work Experience Education).
Additionally, career counselors are available to assist students with the development of focused academic plans. Contact the Career Center at 1-805-922-6966 ext. 3374 at the Santa Maria campus to schedule an appointment.
CareerExplorer is a career matching platform that helps people find their ideal career.
Career Crusing is a global self-exploration and planning program that helps users of all ages achieve their potential in school, career, and life.
- Build self-awareness
- Explore in-depth information on multiple occupations, including multimedia interviews, workplace photos, sample career paths, job search, and much more
- Identify career matches based on interests and skills through integrated assessments
- Review personalized feedback to understand the results to future pathway
- Meet with a career counselor to assist in evaluating results.